Save Some Money This Season With These Water-Saving Tips

Share this Article

17923596_sWe all know that we need to save water. In fact, of all of the water that we can see on our entire planet, only 1% of it is drinkable. And, that 1% has to be shared by humans, plants, and animals. The other 99% of the water on Earth is either saltwater, severely polluted, or completely frozen.

So, it is easy to see why we all need to do our part to save water. Some people take the water-saving thing really seriously and do some pretty outrageous things to conserve. Others, do the typical things like turning off the faucet when they brush their teeth.

Regardless of which camp you are in, saving water can also have a big impact on your monthly utility bills. The more water that you save, the more power that you save. Your water heater is one of the main culprits for a large power bill. In fact, 60% of the total dollar amount that you see on your power bill each month can be attributed to your water heater.

But, if you save water, your water heater doesn’t need to work so hard and therefore you will see a drop in your monthly power bill when you save water.

Here are just a few examples of some of the ways that people save water each month:

  • Add insulation to your hot water pipes. Even though water only comes out of the pipes when you turn the faucet on, the water is always in the pipes. When hot water sits in your water pipes it is vulnerable to the outside temperatures and will cool off with time. That is why you have cold water come out of your pipes when you turn the hot water on. Adding insulation to your water pipes will keep the water in the pipes hot longer.
  • Take your car to a car wash instead of washing it at home with the water hose.
  • Don’t hand wash your dishes, this uses 20 gallons of water. Running the dishwasher is always a safer bet.

Having extra money during these pre-spring and summer months can help a lot with vacation budgets and doing home improvement projects. Implement some of these water-saving tips to see some budget-friendly improvements.

We Take Care of All Your Plumbing Needs.
Request Service

Specials & Discounts

* Call to Redeem or Present this Coupon at the Time of Your Service

$30 Off Any Services - Duncan Plumbing

Recent Posts

Got Plumbing Problems?

We Can Help! Call (831) 476-1712 or request service online.