Show Your Plumbing System Some Love: DON’T Do These 4 Things
This is the month when families everywhere celebrate how much they love each other. The stores are filled with pink and red, the kids are picking out the Valentine’s for their class party, and you get to eat extra chocolate without the guilt.
One thing that could really put a damper on this fun holiday is a problem with your plumbing system. After all, your entire family uses the plumbing system several times per day, so any interruption in their ability to shower, wash their hands, brush their teeth, etc. will significantly impact your day and evening.
Thankfully, most plumbing failures can be avoided by proper maintenance. This doesn’t just mean fixing leaks when you find them but, using your plumbing system properly on a daily basis.
Here are some things that you should NEVER do to your plumbing system:
- DO NOT Put coffee grounds in the kitchen sink drain. This might seem like a safe thing to do but, in actuality, it can cause a serious build-up in the plumbing pipe that carries water and food away from the disposal.
- DO NOT flush items down the toilet that are non-flushable. The toilet is built to only manage human waste. Anything you put down it that is not flushable will get caught in your sewer system and can cause a flood of toxic waste in your yard.
- DO NOT pour meat grease into the kitchen drain. Just like coffee grounds, this will cause a build-up on the walls of the plumbing pipe, which over time will narrow the diameter of the pipe and reduce the flow of water.
- DO NOT dig in your yard if you don’t know where your plumbing system is buried and how deep it is buried. You could easily dig into a pipe, break it, and cause a serious problem for your home.
Keep your plumbing system protected from any minor and major problems by following these tips of what not to do. Your plumbing system is used in many ways, by every member of your family, all throughout the day. So, it is important to keep it in good working order and protected from a break down.
We Take Care of All Your Plumbing Needs.
Specials & Discounts
* Call to Redeem or Present this Coupon at the Time of Your Service